What are Infographics?
Information explained by graphic illustrations. We see them all of the time even if you don’t realize it.
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends.
If you are good with graphics, story telling, illustration, typography, grammar, and have the time to spare you can make an infographic all on your own. There are also programs available that help you make them.
Here are just a few:
- Piktochart.com – This will cost you about $29 a month and you still have to do 85% of it on your own.
- Canva.com – This site is free but it still has a lot of limitations. It may work for small projects and can provide you with some practice without having to reach into your pocket-book.
- Venngage.com – This site says it is FREE but then you login and it is $19 a month or $190 a year. And once again, you still have to do all your own work. The Free version has their water mark and very little features.
- Easel.ly – This site lives by it’s name. You can create your own Infographic ‘Easy.ly’.
All you do is visit their site and choose a template and start going to town. I suggest giving this one a look.
Here is a prime example of what an infographic is.
The list is endless on what you can create. Just check out these Google Pictures.
Here are Just 12 Ways Infographics Can Help You:
- Boost Website Traffic
- Expand Your Online Audience
- Establish Credibility
- Help You Reach Top of Mind
- Build Up Your Social Presence
- Build Inbound Links
- Outreach Opportunities
- Create Order Out of Chaos
- Simplify and Empower Communication Faster
- Help Audience Understand Complex Data
- Gather Insights From Mapping and Visualizing Data
- Target Specific Audience and User Groups
We will dive more into each of the ‘12 Ways Infographics Can Help Your Business‘ in future posts. Make sure not to miss out by subscribing here. I hope this information has been of good value to you. If so, please be kind and share.
If you would like help in creating your infographic, please visit my site at http://www.tonyrwhite.com/services/infographics/